Superintendent - Tenant Improvement/Building Re-Image/Biotech
Prevost Construction is a privately held, San Diego based general contractor that specializes in all areas of commercial tenant improvements including; corporate office environments, life science facilities and building re-imaging. For over 25 years, Prevost has provided expert guidance in management of the construction process and carefully conducts each project from conception to completion with one goal in mind – an amazing customer experience while achieving results every time. We offer a workplace that is based on cutting edge and innovative thinking while consistently living and delivering our core values.
The Superintendent will provide onsite leadership and overall project coordination, working closely with the client, subcontractors and the design team. Must have strong communication and organizational skills, and be capable of scheduling and coordinating subcontractors on job site from start to finish with emphasis on high standards of quality and professionalism. We are currently looking for candidates with demonstrated experience and a history of completed projects in any area of tenant improvements that may include Class A office, life science facilities, or re-imaging of existing building facades.
Due to the specific nature of TI work, with many of our projects occurring in occupied buildings, we are looking for candidates that can demonstrate project experience that entailed high level communications with multiple team members in occupied environments along with strategic execution of high end common area and building renovation work will be ideally suited for this position.
We are seeking a dynamic and energetic individual who enjoys leading and working collaboratively with others, who is big picture and strategic in their thinking. Someone who understands people well, works at a fast pace and can make decisions quickly.
Why would you want this position?
o Join a 25 year old privately held company with Core Values that emulate the culture of the company
o Be able to contribute to a growing and innovative company
o Collaborative, communicative office environment
o Office location is steps away from the beach
Required Experience and skills
• Minimum 5 years experience as a Construction Superintendent in either: exterior building renovations, tenant improvements or biotech life science
• Experience managing various types of tenant improvements projects and exterior renovations to existing buildings with occupied tenants
• Life Science experience preferred: biotech and laboratories, including chemistry, biology, vivarium, cGMP manufacturing and clean rooms
• Demonstrated project experience that entailed high level communications with multiple team members in occupied buildings, along with strategic execution of high end common area and building renovation work preferred.
• Proficient in MS Office Suite and MS Project - required
• OSHA, LEED and first aid certifications preferred
• Valid California driver’s license, Class C and current automobile insurance required
Prevost Construction offers a comprehensive benefits and compensation package, including medical/dental, retirement plan, paid time off and education benefits.
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume, salary expectations and a detailed list of completed jobs to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Prevost Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Due to the unique and specialized requirements and project experience required for these positions, NO RESIDENTIAL SUPERS NEED APPLY.