Project Manager – Tenant Improvement / Biotech / Building Re-image
Prevost Construction is a privately held, San Diego based general contractor that specializes in all areas of commercial tenant improvements including; corporate office environments, life science facilities and building re-imaging. For over 25 years, Prevost has provided expert guidance in management of the construction process and carefully conducts each project from conception to completion with one goal in mind – an amazing customer experience. We offer a workplace that is employee focused, based on living our core values and thriving in a family like work environment.
Project Manager Position
The Project Manager will provide leadership and oversight for a variety of projects, working closely with the client, design team and Prevost project team. The Project Manager will be responsible for all aspects of a project, from development through close out. Must have strong communication and organizational skills, and demonstrate experience in estimating, scheduling and an ability to manage project team members with emphasis on high standards of quality and professionalism. We are currently looking for candidates with demonstrated experience and a history of completed projects in any area of tenant improvements that may include Class A office, life science facilities, or re-imaging of existing building facades.
Due to the specific nature of TI work, with many of our projects occurring in occupied buildings, we are looking for candidates that can demonstrate project experience that entailed high level communications with multiple team members in occupied environments along with strategic execution of high end common area and building renovation work will be ideally suited for this position.
We are seeking a dynamic and energetic individual who enjoys leading and working collaboratively with others, who is big picture and strategic in their thinking. Someone who understands people well, works at a fast pace and can make decisions quickly.
Why would you want this position?
o Join a 25 year old privately held company with Core Values that emulate the culture of the company
o Be able to contribute to a growing and innovative company
o Collaborative, communicative office environment
o Office location is steps away from the beach
Required Experience and skills
• Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Construction Project Manager in either: exterior building renovations, tenant improvements or biotech life science
• Experience managing various types of tenant improvements projects and exterior renovations to existing buildings with occupied tenants
• Life Science experience is a plus, with demonstrated experience in any type of laboratory space renovation including chemistry, biology, vivarium, cGMP manufacturing, electronic labs and clean rooms
• Demonstrated project experience that entailed high level communications with multiple team members in occupied buildings, along with strategic execution of high end common area and building renovation work preferred.
• Proficient in MS Office Suite, MS Project & BlueBeam - required
• OSHA, LEED and first aid certifications preferred
• BA/BS degree preferred;
• Conceptual budgeting and project cost forecasting experience required- PMs are held accountable for full financial responsibility for their projects;
• Demonstrated project team leadership;
• Emphasis on quality delivery;
• Client management and relationship development;
• Strong communication and organizational skills;
• Proficiency in MS Office suite and MS Project are required;
• Valid California driver’s license, Class C and current automobile insurance required
Salary range: $75 - $95k per year depending on experience.
Candidates with local experience in San Diego are preferred. Prevost Construction offers a comprehensive benefits and compensation package, including medical/dental, retirement plan, paid time off and education benefits. To be considered for this position, please submit your resume, salary expectations and a detailed list of completed jobs to: email@example.com
Prevost Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Due to the unique and specialized requirements and project experience required for these positions, NO RESIDENTIAL SUPERS NEED APPLY.